Monday, October 6, 2008

Luzerne, Switzerland



Four of us girls + some of the guys went to Luzerne for the weekend. We walked across Switzerland's oldest timber bridge, went into a few beautiful churches, and explored the medieval wall that surrounded part of the city. We also checked out some contemporary projects by Diener & Diener. 



By far, my favorite activity of the weekend was visiting the KKL performing arts center where we girls saw a symphony orchestra concert (which was unbelievable).  When I was sitting in my side balcony seat in my jeans and north face jacket (while everyone else was in extremely nice attire) I couldn't help but get extremely emotional missing the art that is music. When you go to a school like I do, sometimes you get caught up in focusing on one aspect of something artistic, whether is is drawing, painting, graphics, architecture, etc...and I started to forget how music used to be my favorite of the arts.  After the performance, I had a newly-born appreciation for classical music--actually I guess realized that it had never left, but enticed me to keep exploring why it's so much an integral part of me. 

above: view from the top of the building under the cantilevered roof

No comments: